The deadline for payments and Forms 1040,1040NR, 990, 1041, and 1120 is July 15, 2020. To extend returns until October 15, extensions must be filed by Midnight in your time zone. If you have already filed an extension form, no additional action is needed.
For tax year 2019, not all states extended the filing deadline to July. The information below references the original April Deadline. You may need to check if your state taxing agency has extended their deadline by checking here.
Check out these ProSeries help articles and resources to help prepare you for the July 15th filing deadline!
Top help articles
- Receiving an error the version of ProSeries is no longer current? See How to update ProSeries software
- Do you need more time to file? See Common questions about requesting extensions in ProSeries
- Rejected return? See Electronic filing deadlines and perfection periods for individual returns and extensions (1040, 1040...
- How to extend a state return? See 1040 state extension frequently asked questions
- Need help calculating late filing interest and late filing penalties? See How to enter federal and state interest rates
- Taxpayer unable to pay tax bill? See Completing Form 9465 Installment Agreement for Electronic Filing
- Need a signature while working remotely? See eSignature Resources
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"