Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing returns for states that are eligible for disaster relief

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

The IRS has extended the filing and payments deadline for states eligible for disaster relief to Jan. 3, 2022.

However, the IRS will still shut down e-filing capabilities at 11:59 PM ET on Nov. 20 for 1040 individual returns and we anticipate they will do the same for business returns in late December to prepare for the next tax year.

Intuit ProSeries Tax will begin blocking returns at 9 PM ET to ensure that all returns in our system have time to process prior to the e-filing shutdown.

How do I file my clients’ returns?

You can e-file your clients’ returns using ProSeries for tax year 2020 until e-file shutdown dates mentioned above. After that, you may continue to prepare them with ProSeries, but you will have to print and file physical copies.

Pay-Per-Return customers are highly encouraged to ensure their account balance is funded enough to file their remaining client’s returns for tax year 2020 or they may renew their license for tax year 2021.

We also highly encourage all preparers to file their clients’ returns before Dec. 31 because of the New Year holiday weekend. You can review our technical support hours in the ProSeries Community.

Can I still use eSignature?

You may use the eSignatures that you purchased for calendar year 2021 through Dec. 31. You can purchase eSignatures for calendar year 2022 through ProSeries or My Account.

For updated information on disaster relief, visit and bookmark the following article: IRS Provides Hurricane Ida Tax Relief through January 3rd

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more ProSeries News & Updates, click here.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Reply 1
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

For more ProSeries News & Updates, click here.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers