As of January 23rd 2023 e-filing is now open for the tax year 2022 e-file season!
The following are common topics for this time of year:
Making sure you're ready to e-file
- If you plan on offering Pay-by-Refund options for the year see How to enroll in Pay-by-Refund for tax year 2022
- For PTIN enrollment and renewal information see PTIN requirements for tax preparers
- If you have a new EFIN or have moved or changed your business name see Register your EFIN with Intuit
- If you would like to enroll in Protection Plus for the year see Tax Protection Plus and ID Theft Restoration.
Collecting Data from your taxpayers
- For information on using Intuit Link, including inviting new clients, see General questions about Intuit Link
- If your firm uses Organizers to collect data see Using organizers in ProSeries Professional
How to tell what tax forms are ready:
As you know, there are two different filing types; paper and e-file. Therefore, there are two different processes and availability dates. The following resources are updated daily during the e-file season:
- How to tell if the IRS is processing returns, see E-file start and stop dates for federal returns.
- To tell if ProSeries has passed the yearly agency e-file approval yet for a Federal or State product see the Ready for E-File column on the Tax Form Finder
- To determine if ProSeries has passed the yearly agency print approval yet for a Federal or State product see the Ready for print column on the Tax Form Finder
- Some states request that Professional Tax Software does not let you print a state until the final print approvals are received. For more information see State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software.
For information on how to e-file in ProSeries see:
- How to e-file a tax return in ProSeries
- Once a return has been e-filed see Checking the acknowledgment status of an e-filed return to check the status.
- If your not receiving your e-file acknowledgements in a timely fashion you can check here to see if we have any reported processing delays.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Solved! Go to Solution.