We discovered an issue in the 2019 version of ProSeries Professional and ProSeries Basic regarding the electronic payment for 1040 Estimated Payment Vouchers and the Instructions for paying the estimated tax due for Q1 and Q2.
Further communication will be sent directly through ProSeries in-product alerts to preparers that have any returns that were impacted.
Original instructions were to combine the first quarter and second quarter into the same payment on the Q1 voucher. However, the amounts from the Q1 voucher were not transmitted. As a result any payments for Q1 were not taken out as planned. (Note: If amounts were combined and entered in the Q2 voucher, those payments were processed as designed)
For clients already transmitted:
- To identify potentially impacted clients, please refer to the Client Analyzer query for Federal Estimated Tax Vouchers Prepared (for more information on running Client Analyzer please go here).
- Payment of estimated tax due is still required and has not been made at this time. To resolve this choose one of the following options:
- Go to https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/ to make the necessary payment.
- Call the IRS voice response system at 1.800.555.3453. Follow the prompts to make payment.
- Mail in the voucher with payment information. Please refer to the 1040 ES voucher for the correct address to mail payment to.