Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else noticed that Proseries holding 1040 returns and not sending them to IRS?

mappp
Level 4

On 2/27 I e-filed a return and as of this morning 3/1 it still shows as being received by Intuit but has NOT been sent to the IRS.  When tech support was contacted it took 1 hour and 36 minutes to find out that there is a problem with the retirement distribution and the Form 5329.  I was told that Intuit will send the return to the IRS on 3/4.  I was not told exactly what the problem was or why Intuit didn't inform tax preparers of this problem.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am very concerned that Intuit failed to think that the tax professionals didn't need to know about this delay.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think most of us have at least one or two held up.  It looks like they were holding for something specific but threw out a broader net than necessary and are holding some returns that may not need to be held.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
25 Comments 25
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think most of us have at least one or two held up.  It looks like they were holding for something specific but threw out a broader net than necessary and are holding some returns that may not need to be held.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4
My main complaint is they didn't bother to inform us of the problem.  On paper it will now appear that a return my client signed on 2/27 won't be accepted by the IRS until 3/4 and no explanation for the delay.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
it happens, your signed paper is still valid.... that's when you submitted the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yup.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4
"It happens" is not acceptable!  Intuit KNEW there was a problem, but considered the person who spent thousands for the program didn't NEED to know.  I happen to believe in customer support.  I like to inform my clients of something that I know will delay their return.  Too bad that Intuit doesn't have the same belief.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So if you knew they would be held, you wouldn't have sent them and you'd be in the same situation you are now...waiting for whatever happened to be fixed in order to file the return.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I had my first return held up yesterday.  The funny thing is, I didn't think it was a big deal.  I'm still alive, none of my clients were killed in the delay, nobody lost a limb, it really isn't a big deal in the greater picture of life.  Folks need to mellow out a little.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
@IRonMaN have you heard if we should actually resent these returns that were rejected back to us today? My concern is that if i resend it, it will get locked up again for another time period. @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I just waived goodbye and sent mine off a couple of minutes ago.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

There was an in-product alert done on 2/26 about the assessed 10% penalty (see screenshot below) which links to this article https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1813260-roth-conversions-being-assessed-10-penalty, the purpose of the hold is to prevent you from filing incorrectly, and in theory prevent you or your client from being penalized.  Once the return is released you can resubmit correctly.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Can you please reject these returns to us!    I saw something I want to fix on the one that's being held!  
Save me an amended return!!

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
They will be rejected. :+1::+1:
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
:+1:    why are they being held hostage?  Iv'e got a bag mini tootsie pops and some smarties I can ante up for the ransom!:+1:

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
That I can't speak to, but I'll put that out there in the universe to see if that makes a difference, right now i've got wasabi peas, and goldfish crackers, it doesn't get much better than that....
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"it doesn't get much better than that...."
Yes it does.  The tootsie pops sound better than pee.  Or was that peas?  Thinking about it, I guess it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
LOL, fine....
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4
What is the status of the returns being held for the 1099-R's with Code 1 for the 10% early distribution penalty.  I was told the returns would be transmitted to the IRS on 3/4.  My client is still showing as "received by Intuit" but not that it has been sent to IRS.  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Once an update has been released the returns will be rejected so that they cant be fixed by the update and re-transmitted to the tax agencies.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
So the update for the calc itself went live Friday, I am gathering more information and will share as soon as i have more details regarding this!

Promise. :+1:
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)  to confirm you are saying we should hold these returns and not refile until you have an update? Also  I don't think anyone realized that this was the problem affecting our returns without Roths. I think that is why Intuit is catching flack for not communicating on this.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I re-transmitted mine this morning and it has now cleared.  Mine was a non-Roth being held hostage.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
Thank you @IRonMaN
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Silver Eagle
Level 1

I too have having returns held for some reason I do not know, Who do I contact to see why these are held?  eds,,,cpa

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

You could try calling Practitioner Priority Line.

0 Cheers