Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop proseries from checking and trying to install updates when there are no updates to install every time I start the program?

tricia
Level 1

Every time I start proseries it checks for updates. Not a problem.  Then it installs updates even if there are no updates to install.  not a problem.  Then it restarts the program and I have to go through the log in procedure again.  How do I stop proseries from installing updates when there are no updates to install?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt105
Level 4

This has been reported and is being looked at, for now, you can navigate to your C drive, locate your ProWin17 folder, and within that your Updates folder, delete everything except for details.htm and then proceed to run updates again (you will be told there are no updates to install, but will populate those items back into your Updates folder, and then you should be good to go (ProSeries may need to close and reopen).

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Matt105
Level 4

This has been reported and is being looked at, for now, you can navigate to your C drive, locate your ProWin17 folder, and within that your Updates folder, delete everything except for details.htm and then proceed to run updates again (you will be told there are no updates to install, but will populate those items back into your Updates folder, and then you should be good to go (ProSeries may need to close and reopen).

0 Cheers
kabc
Level 1
23 days and still no fix - this is VERY aggravating
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Following the steps Matt provided above should eliminate the issue you're experiencing.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
But it took me roughly 27.21871157789821467116 seconds to use the fix Matt provided.  I'll just never get back all of that time I wasted fixing my software :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
The problem still exists. I'm just now trained to log in twice each morning to 2017 software. The fix is too scary to attempt at my end.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's really very simple and isn't scary.  Sometimes you just have to get the nerve to run with scissors --------- just make sure they are the short little stubby ones that kindergarten kids use ------------------- you don't want to get too wild :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Greta:  if that worries you, first copy the entire update file to a new location; then follow Matt's plan.  This way you can always restore the old version.
I am not a techie, but I was able to easily do what Matt said
0 Cheers
Glen
Level 2
Your solution worked; thanks Matt!
0 Cheers