Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you batch efile extentions, rather than batch print, without accessing each client? Lacerte lets you batch efile Extensions.

casinin
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You have to open the file and activate the 4868 for each client and check the box to Efile the 4868....you cant batch Efile a form that hasn't been generated or had the Efile box checked in each return yet.  

Once you've done that, you can tag all the returns with extensions then Efile all at once from the EFCenter.

(Im sure this will get an unhelpful vote)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You have to open the file and activate the 4868 for each client and check the box to Efile the 4868....you cant batch Efile a form that hasn't been generated or had the Efile box checked in each return yet.  

Once you've done that, you can tag all the returns with extensions then Efile all at once from the EFCenter.

(Im sure this will get an unhelpful vote)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
casinin
Level 2
As I stated "without accessing each client".  I don't have time to open 100 clients to check a box.  Especially when Intuit already has this feature in Lacerte.
PPOKBOK
Level 1

Did you ever figure this one out?

0 Cheers
SparTax
Level 1

No batch efiling option in proseries other than going into every client and clicking two boxes to ready the form and then extending them. 

Lacerte must cost more to make that feature available or Proseries really sucks to not provide that option while Lacerte has it. Either way we (as proseries user) are at a loss is what I seem to understand! 

0 Cheers