Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior year state tax transfer type from 2017 appears to be incorrect?

EARobb
Level 1

I've looked at two clients for 2018 and both had this problem.  Both had itemized deductions on their 2017 returns and chose state income tax for the state tax deduction. Both got state refunds from 2017 in 2018.  On the 2018 returns, the state tax refund work sheets (with transferred information for 2017) mark them as having claimed the state sales tax as the state tax deduction.  This results in no taxable income from the 1099-G, which looks to be wrong.

Am I missing something or was/ is there a problem with transfering the state tax info from 2017 into 2018?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yes there was an issue if you transferred early. There has been a correction but you'll need to re-transfer those clients you have not worked on yet. The others you manually make the change.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yes there was an issue if you transferred early. There has been a correction but you'll need to re-transfer those clients you have not worked on yet. The others you manually make the change.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@Ashley  this is why bug blog or the list you started should be pinned to the top.... maybe the PTB can come up with a more pleasant name like "Great Enhancements and Resolutions that have been implemented or are coming soon."  or "What our Users want to know MOST"  

One sentence description of issue and a link to one post that users could comment or ask and would be best if administered by only a few....  but you get the idea.... everyone would a lot easier if we show the issues and resolutions quickly and up front.... how many calls does your help desk get about this everyday? 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
right on!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Thank you, let me get w/ the team and see what we can do to try to clean this up and possibly implement.
0 Cheers