Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is W2 download working?

charles
Level 2

I have tried to download my first W2 (from ADP) into a tax return.  The "Tax Import" software is going through the steps, but ultimately nothing is being downloaded.  Just stuck waiting for the info.  I have to believe this a bug or lack of functionality.  This is for the 2018 tax year in early 2019.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many complaints about the Tax Import feature this year....entering manually takes less than 1 minute, not sure why people fiddle around with importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many complaints about the Tax Import feature this year....entering manually takes less than 1 minute, not sure why people fiddle around with importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yeah, I trust my fingers more than I trust an Intuit import feature.  Quicker to enter it than to spend the time downloading and reviewing to make sure it came through correctly.
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
0 Cheers
charles
Level 2
While everyone is entitled to their opinions, your responses are obviously useless.  After an hour with tech support, I figured out the problem--You need to hit the little "OK" button on the import screen.  I don't think it was necessary last year.  ANYWAY, you guys are really missing all the fun.  The W2 import feature is NOW working REAL ESTATE and is virtually instantaneous.  I would take an import over human error any day.
IRonMaN
Level 15
"would take an import over human error any day"

Trust Intuit programming over my own eyes and fingers ----------------- that ain't ever gong to happen.
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)
0 Cheers