Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WV has excluded the unemployment compensation as of 6 days ago. Do anyone at Proseries know when they are going to update the system to reflect this?

wmreidnsons
Level 1

As of 6 days ago, WV State followed the government by excluding the unemployment compensation from taxable income. However, as of today's updates this still has not been fixed. I can override that line and enter zero. But when I e-file of course an error returns about the override. 

Does anyone know a why to get it to go through with the override or does Intuit know when they are going to fix this matter?

Thanks

Liz

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
BobKamman
Level 15

This is the 5th business day since West Virginia's governor signed that law.  I'm sure that clients who waited this long to get around to filing their returns, can wait another week or two.  

PATAX
Level 15

Try to uncheck the error conversion box... maybe it will let you e-file after you do this but I'm not sure... Just my opinion...

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Are you actually getting and Error or just a Warning.

I file lots of returns with overrides (that dont affect the return, such as in the tax planner if I used that for some reason), or situations where I had a non-taxable disposition of a depreciable asset so I overrode depreciation.

I always get warnings, but never get an error that stops the return from being efiled.

If you know you want the override just ignore the warning and keep going.