Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

withholding of FTB

lgmagsayo
Level 2

Where will I enter the CA FTB Withholding Franchise Tax Board of a sale of a primary home

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Generally theres no withholding on the sale of a primary residence, BUT if there was, you should have a 592-B included in the paperwork from the title company somewhere, sometimes we have to call and have them fax it over since they tend to get swallowed up on the mountain of paperwork the client brings.

Youd enter the CA withholding on the federal Tax Payments worksheet, then youd enter the 592B again in full on the CA 540 return.   If you dont enter that 592B you wont be able to efile the CA return.

592whtaxpayments.png

592bentry540.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

In my opinion Lisa is the expert on California state issues... I would wait a little bit and  she should respond.... 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Generally theres no withholding on the sale of a primary residence, BUT if there was, you should have a 592-B included in the paperwork from the title company somewhere, sometimes we have to call and have them fax it over since they tend to get swallowed up on the mountain of paperwork the client brings.

Youd enter the CA withholding on the federal Tax Payments worksheet, then youd enter the 592B again in full on the CA 540 return.   If you dont enter that 592B you wont be able to efile the CA return.

592whtaxpayments.png

592bentry540.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪