Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Defender Anitvirus Program Deleting Proseries Files

Bear2
Level 2

I have been noticing this past 2020 tax season from the time period from May 2021 through right now that sometimes when I copy a proseries corporate tax file and attempt to restore the file to another office computer location that windows microsoft defender will want to automatically delete/quarantee the file because it thinks there is a TrojanScript/Wacatac.B!ml or today I see Trojan:Script/Sabsik.TE.A!ml issue attached to the proseries file. 

I am convinced this is not an issue because I always do various malware/antivirus scans all the time and get no issues on any computers wheither I do virus scans online or do offline type of scans.

It is annoying because you literally need to delete the file and then transfer the file from 2019 back to the 2020 proseries tax program.  And then reenter in all the tax information again like tax return extensions etc. 

I was just wondering if anybody else was encountering this issue because this is the first time I have seen this particular issue ever come up before during this past tax season.  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Using the BackUp/Restore feature within ProSeries, it still gives you issues?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Bear2
Level 2

The answer is yes - you can backup the file to a flash drive.  Take the flashdrive to another computer and then restore the file and then microsoft defender on the corporate files sometimes will say there is this possible virus issue and then completely delete the files off the system. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You never have the issue on the main computer, only when you move a file from one to another?

Since its random, are you using the same flashdrive each the time, or different flashdrives?

Just wondering if youve got a hidden file on a flashdrive causing the ruckus.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Follow the instructions to make a file or folder known to Windows so that it can be trusted and not annihilated each time it shows up.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns