Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11?

robert-a
Level 2

Is it time to update from Windows 10 to 11? Have issues been resolved? Thanks

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Anyone seen my therapist's cat, "Deja Vu?" 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-system-requirements/help/system-requirements-for-202...

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont think there were any Win 11 issues to be resolved. Ive been running it on my home system since it came out, I havent noticed any issues with ProSeries and Win 11.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
kf
Level 2

I purchased new PC Lenovo Thinkpad (Win11 Pro 64/CPU Core i7-1270P vPro/ 32GB) just a couple days ago. But I have to return this PC, because I cannot log in to Lacerte 2021. Lacerte 2021 was successfully installed, but try to open and log-in, it will disappear. I am not IT person. I called to Lacerte Tech support and did every things following them. I connected telephone for 7 hours!!! and share screen with Lacerte Tech support with 2 persons. Re-installed many times, using repair tools etc. But I am not able to log in to Lacerte.  Lacerte Tech give-up after 7 hours and told me that this is not Lacerte issue. It will be system defective or other cause. I was planning to install 2021 Lacerte to new PC with Win 11 and transfer all client's data from Win10 PC. Then I can transfer all my client data to 2022 Lacerte in new PC Win11 after lacerte released 2022. But, I decided to return this PC Because I am not able to open Lacerte 2021. I want to know if someone had same experience with me.  And how did  you solved? Is it still too early to switch to Win 11?

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

I guess it just depends on the computer you purchase because I have had several clients have alot of issues. As soon we revert back to 10....No issues..so now I don't know..

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The update is a fairly large file and requires several updates, but it went smoothly. 

Intel i7-10700m 16 GB RAM, 64 bit

I use Lacerte and had no program issues. I had to do some fairly hard work to update my old Canon MFC to get the scanner work. Windows 11 not supported, so installed W10 driver and got it going. 

I did upgrade to Pro. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
kf
Level 2

Thank you for reply. I called Lacerte Tech again, before return new PC and spoke Tech person. She said I am not isolated case and many of them had issues with Win 11. She said that Lacerte is closely working with Microsoft now and solving those issues. But Lacerte have not received when Microsoft can solving issues. Those are not  Lacerte issues. She recommend to stay in Win10 until solving issues.... 

vicn
Level 1

I have the same issue. Just don't Get it

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not working on my computer either

Skylane_1-1671640739622.jpeg

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
abctax55
Level 15

Bruce - is that the one you took down to Florida to use?  And are you enjoying that 'warm' Florida weather right now <w>

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sadly, I retired that machine last year.

All is well in Fl. Come visit!  Have a great Christmas and New Years.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
robert-a
Level 2

Resolved Thank you!

0 Cheers
debbie62
Level 1

Has your windows 11 issue been resolved?  I just bought the same computer and am having the same issue!! Right as tax season is starting, of course!!

0 Cheers
debbie62
Level 1

I figured it out, all loaded and working!

0 Cheers
kf
Level 2

Hi Debbie62,

How did you solved the issue? Can you please tell me, if you do not mind? I returned new pc Win11 last year, but I will buy mostly same PC in later this year. I will keep your solution way.  Thanks,

0 Cheers
debbie62
Level 1

Hi, I did solve the issue.  Last weekend, I downloaded and installed the programs for 2018-2022 (first year using it was 2010), only to find that none of them worked.  Just like you had said, the login screen disappeared before I could log in.  Decided to let it sit a few days then tried again.  Things I did the first time:  Started with 2022 and worked backwards.  I didn't restart after each year, just installed them all and then restarted the computer.  This morning, I deleted the 2018-2022 Lacerte programs off the new computer.  Then, I downloaded a new Windows 11 update.  I had updated Windows 11 last week, I thought, but there was another update this morning so I updated it.  I loaded the 2018 program first, with the "custom" setting so I could pick and choose the programs to download.  The "automatic" was set to install on a network, and I use a stand along.  I'm a sole proprietor with only one computer.  I then restarted the computer and opened the 2018 Lacerte program.  It opened no issue.  Not sure which thing I changed helped to solve the problem, but now I have 2018-2022 loaded and all working.  Good luck!   

0 Cheers
robert-a
Level 2

o problem with Windows 11 and ProSeries. Best to you Debbie

0 Cheers
kf
Level 2

Hi Debbie62

Thank you for your information. It seems Win11 update helped for solution. I am also a sole proprietor and have one PC. I will keep your solution for me. Hopefully Lacerte and Microsoft fixed this issues.

0 Cheers
rpsf
Level 1

If you can find it, run the little batch file that does a wash and rinse cycle to make sure that old PC is fully clean.  ;>).

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

I don't update to a newer MS version of any program until they force me to.  I am still running  Win 10 and will continue to do so despite the info that they will stop service on it in Mid 2025. I would still be running XP if I could.

0 Cheers
Jonesin1
Level 4

Go into Windows and Update from the Windows start menu 

0 Cheers