Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you update software to fix problem that surfaced today with the update I installed?

susan-bischof
Level 1
Software is populating dependent information in qualifying widower section of worksheet in error.  No X in qualifying widower box.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitKatieB

We are actively working to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we will post updates on the main community page as they are available. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
IntuitKatieB

We are actively working to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we will post updates on the main community page as they are available. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
IntuitKatieB
All- we have updated the alert, but want to spread the word. Update should be released about 8pm EST to resolve this issue.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If only everything could be fixed that fast :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It must be a problem, you are the second person in a few minutes that posted that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Intuit Katie
Are you folks aware of this one yet?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Note to self: do not update ProSeries this week.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"ever"

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lschmitt
Level 3
WTH  - this appears to be systemic with the update.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Not only systemic, it appears like everyone caught the bug.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abby
Level 3
proseries has really dropped the ball this year
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
I just looked at several MFJ returns that I have completed but not filed and it doesn't seem to have hit them.
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Jane, I don't think it impacts 2017 returns.  (There's no way you're working on 2018 returns this early, right?)

Come to think of it, I have a 2017 one to do, maybe today's a good day.  Sounds like a bad day to be working on 2018 returns...
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
What day was a good day for 2018 ------------------ I must have missed it :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Rick,  HAH, it is a 2018 return.
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Wow, I didn't know you had such early filers!

For ProSeries I don't think there's been a good day yet.  I hope it's coming soon since I have a couple multi-state returns in the to do pile.  I tried one in Drake earlier this week and it was truly horrible.  I spent an hour fighting with the software to get it to put the right numbers on the right states for muni interest income and student loan interest deductions on part-year VA and MD returns.  At this rate, it might be faster to just start typing directly onto the tax forms and just mail everything in.  Think I can get away with "software too buggy" as an excuse for not efiling?
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
You can always try that excuse.  I am hoping for good behavior for the partnerships and S Corps on the 15th!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I'll be happy if I can get a 7004 to work next week.
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
:smile: I know the feeling.:smile:
0 Cheers