Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ProSeries utilize more than 16gb RAM? My machine is still sluggish running ProSeries but question if 32gb RAM will matter?!

pfield
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

According to Intuit, the minimum requirement is 4 to 8 GB only but my friends here would advocate getting as much RAM as you could afford.

I don't have any personal experience with PS but you may like to check your system for conflicts as this may be more than resource constraints.

Open Resource Monitor on Windows and you'll see how much resource PS is using.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

According to Intuit, the minimum requirement is 4 to 8 GB only but my friends here would advocate getting as much RAM as you could afford.

I don't have any personal experience with PS but you may like to check your system for conflicts as this may be more than resource constraints.

Open Resource Monitor on Windows and you'll see how much resource PS is using.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
pfield
Level 1
I have 16gb RAM in my machine now. It's maxed out at 4x4. I was debating a new machine with 32GB ram but not going to bother if the software will not function better.
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I wouldn't look at ProSeries just by itself.  When I'm working on a tax return, I'll have email running, the prior year software, Excel, and usually several PDFs open in Adobe.  So put me in the "more RAM = better" camp.  Windows is a pig so rather than write an efficient operating system, Microsoft just eats more memory.
0 Cheers