Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Proseries transmit bank information even if a balance was due and paid by check

Highlighted
Level 1

What about clients with a balance for the 2018 and 2019, who did not choose to pay electronically.  Bank information is up to date in Proseries but does that information get transtmitted to the IRS?  Will the IRS use the information to deposit the stimulus payment?  If not, does anyone know if the taxpayer would be able to use the website for NON FILERS to submit their bank information? 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15

Given the same question has been asked 1,527,429 times on last count and Intuit didn't care to respond, my presumption is that none of the ProConnect tax products transmit direct deposit info to the IRS when there's a balance due or no refund.

Don't use the non-filier website.  What it does is to file a nil return with the IRS, which will cause problems if your client, indeed, has a filing requirement.  Wait for the IRS to rollout another website that caters to folks who have a filing requirement but just need to submit their direct deposit info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

Hello itonenewbie,

Thank you so much for your response, had no idea so many others had the same question!  I really do hope they roll out another website just for submitting or updating direct deposit info, I had understood that would be the purpose of the website. Not that it would just be for non filers.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Rumor has it Friday the portal to submit banking info will finally be live.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I believe you could make a partial payment, say $20.00 and that would send your bank info to the IRS

And pay the remainder by July 15th, THAT'S MY SOLUTION

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@Tripod101  No, you can't.  §6428(f)(3)(B) only permits the IRS to use bank account that it was used authorized by the taxpayer for tax refunds.  See also Q24 of Economic Impact Payment Information Center.

Now, if your client makes a larger extension payment electronically than the balance due and put himself/herself in a refund situation, you can then enter the details for direct deposit and it would be used for the advance refund so long as you can catch the IRS before they process the payment for your client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks good to know

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 12

"I believe you could make a partial payment, say $20.00 and that would send your bank info to the IRS"

Yes, that sends Bank Payment info to the IRS.

That is the opposite of what is being asked about. Bank Refund accounts that are used for Direct Deposit will also be used for Direct Deposit of the stimulus check.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers