Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ProSeries be adding a query about what clients have unemployment soon?

I realize the IRS doesn't want us to file amended returns yet but I would like to let my clients know they may be getting some tax money back by filing an amended return later.  I do not want to open every client to see who had unemployment so I am hoping there will be a query for that in the ProSeries program soon.   Hopefully someone from ProSeries does keep an eye on a few of these things. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm sure they will --------- eventually.  But they don't really like to inform their customers about these kinds of things.  

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yep I saw that but that means I have to unlock all the completed returns and open them all up to see if they had unemployment.  A query would sure be nice.

iRonMaN, when you get your new job at Walmart let me know and put in a good word for me.  This tax year is killing me off.  I can't believe the government sends you money last Spring and you cash the check and neither of you can remember how much it was and swear it was not $2400 but their income dictates that amount.  And no your 18 year old high school student cannot take themselves on their tax return to get the stimulus payments (nor can your 17 year old).  And no you cannot lie about your child's year of birth so you can get the new $3600 child tax credit for children under six because no one would know (SS would know!).  Ok, rant is over....I feel better.  Walmart is going to be so much fun! 

PATAX
Level 15

Utah lady I guarantee you if you owed that person $5 from 10 years ago, I guarantee you they would remember that.. just my opinion

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm taking names for anybody else that needs Walmart references.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

I'll need that Walmart reference.  This tax season is crazy!  I'm wasting more time explaining the recovery rebate credits and why a dependent can't claim themselves to get the money because their friends are doing it.  

rbynaker
Level 13

@PATAX wrote:

Utah lady I guarantee you if you owed that person $5 from 10 years ago, I guarantee you they would remember that.. just my opinion

Thanks for the reminder.  Tony still owes me $13 from High School.

Boy I hear ya TAXOH