Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Intuit be holding efiled returns early this year 2022 like they did last year?

I know the efile day is January 24, 2022 but I was wondering if Intuit will be accepting efiled returns earlier than that date and holding them to send them off early on the 24th like they did last year?  If so, when if the first day they will accept efiled returns?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

January 24th. 

As wonky as the software still is, hopefully it's safe to transmit anything on the 24th.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

January 24th. 

As wonky as the software still is, hopefully it's safe to transmit anything on the 24th.

Slava Ukraini!

Boy, no kidding.  I've been dealing with a new software issue almost everyday!  I have managed to find fixes for a few on searches here.  Some...no luck.  Thanks IRonMaN

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!

I sure hope so....I efiled an individual return yesterday 1/19/23 expecting to see a notice telling me to wait until Monday but Intuit received it. I am hoping they will send it to the IRS on Monday. Please let me know if I there will be a problem. No rejection this morning so I assume it is still there waiting.  I just figured I didn't see the notice that they were holding returns early and they are. 

0 Cheers

oopps, just noticed this was for the 2022 tax season, not 2023. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You are braver than me.  I wait a day or two after things open up before I transmit because I don't want to take a chance and start out tax season with a big thud.  But congratulations ----------------------- you do a much bolder job of running with scissors than I have ever done 😁 

Slava Ukraini!