Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI efile rejected, says it needs 8915-F.

Level 3

I have a client who needs WI 8915-F because of a distribution back in 2020.  ProSeries says the form should be available March 17th, but it's 3/22 now and I still can't efile it.  I'm using ProSeries Basic.  I have updated my program frequently.  

Jean Anderson
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you transfer this client in from your 2021 program or is it a new client?  If its a transfer you should see the 8915E and the 8915F in the federal return.

If this is a new client, its really important to have a copy of the prior years return, you would have seen that form included so you would know to add it in 2022.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 3

This is a client for many years.  I prepared their original 2020 return and 2021. The Federal return efiled correctly with the 8915, but Wisconsin will not efile without Wisconsin's 8915.  Proseries says it would be available 3/17 but I still can't efile it.  Rejects with same reason......Wisconsin's 8915.  The prior years were all filed correctly. 

Jean Anderson
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do you see the WI 8915 in the return, but its got a yellow bar on top that says its not final., or is it missing completely?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Level 3

It kept saying the form wasn't ready, but it finally came through on the 21st!  So I was able to file the return.  

Thank you for your help!

Jean Anderson

Jean Anderson
0 Cheers