Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isnt my 2017 depreciation information rolling forward into 2018 returns? 2017 assets were entered directly onto form 4562 last year.

pdevine
Level 1

In 2017 I directly entered in fixed assets on to form 4562 Part V line 26. It doesnt look like this information was rolled forward. Wondering if its how i entered it in 2017 or if there is an extra step i am missing.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you enter assets into the asset worksheets, the program will track the asset and related deprecation until it is disposed of.  If you just enter info into the 4562 directly, the software has nothing to track and therefor doesn't roll anything into the following year.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you enter assets into the asset worksheets, the program will track the asset and related deprecation until it is disposed of.  If you just enter info into the 4562 directly, the software has nothing to track and therefor doesn't roll anything into the following year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Is it weird that I've never entered anything directly onto the 4562?  Is that a common thing to enter directly?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I used to do it for all of our business returns but that number seems to be shrinking over time.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers