Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the recent files list wrong on every restart?

Highlighted
Level 2
Whenever I restart ProSeries professional, the recent files list is not correct and has recent files from several sessions ago. This seems pretty basic.... what's the problem?
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Youve chosen Proseries Professional as the program youre using.  I see no recent files list....are you sure thats the product youre using?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

Hi,

It's not called a recent files list per se - there's no "recent" menu item, but if you look in the file menu near the very bottom, just above 'Exit', there's a little section that displays the last four files you worked on. 

It seems this list is inaccurate whenever you start the program. It pulls in four older file names. Once you're in the program and working, the list remains accurate for the duration of your work session. I find it handy to switch between recent files that way, but annoyed that I can't open the last file i worked on after I've been logged out.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Ahh, ok.  Yes I only use that when I have to switch back and forth between files (MFJ to MFS or parents and kids) that I recently had open and working on, I dont think Ive ever used it right when i first start up the program.

Could it be picking up file names of returns that had acknowledgements come in, and not just returns you had worked on?  I just exited and restarted my home system a few times, it seemed to keep them in the same order (I only have a few sample and dummy files to choose from here though).

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

The acknowledgment idea is one possible explanation. Who knows? It's been a problem for a long time, though this is the first year I'm using the Cloud version. You get bounced out a lot, so it's become more noticeable.

Highlighted
Level 2

Logging in today, the four files listed as recent weren't opened in quite some time and had no recent acknowledgments. So we can rule out the acknowledgment theory. 

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Very weird, I'm not sure what to tell you, sorry.   I doubt its worth calling into tech support about, or whether they could find the issue or not.  

You said this was the first year you used the Hosted version, whether that has anything to do with it or not, I really don't know.

0 Cheers