Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Proseries delaying the PA Local Tax return again?? This form has not changed in years and is a real burden when it is not updated. I am not a happy camper!

blandings
Level 2
Not having this form ready adds at least 10 mins to my prep time and that is not acceptable.
6 Comments 6
PATAX
Level 15

@blandings 👍 you are right on. This form has not changed in years. It is a simple one page form. This issue seems like it never goes away, every year it seems to comes back, if my pea brain memory is correct. If it doesn't get corrected, then you have two choices or so. Get a blank form, and make copies, and do the returns by hand. I guess you may also be able to do it online , or have client do it online,, with Berkheimer, or whoever The Collector is, but that is just extra redundant work, and I have never used that approach. If you can print the form, and it says " do not file " or something similar on it, then maybe run lines through that statement and file it, I did that before in the past and they were all accepted. We should not have to do this but "it is what it is" or whatever that statement is. Just my opinion.

blandings
Level 2

I agree and if they do not correct this it will be the last year I will be using this product.  

Postdot
Level 3

Totally agree.  This is the same form every year, but it is never final.  Why?  Nothing changes.  It just ads time to the return.  

PATAX
Level 15

That is a good question. Maybe someone dropped the ball? What a joke. Just my opinion.

blandings
Level 2

This is BS not having the PA local form yet.  My last year with Intuit!!!!!!!

LOUAWATT
Level 2

This is an issue EVERY year!!  We wait weeks for them to release the PA Local form for use and the for NEVER changes!!!!  Ridiculous!!  I'm getting frustrated with ProSeries Professional this year and the updates.  I've used their product for over 20 years.