Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ProSeries checking the GENERAL SALES TAX box on all State Refund worksheets - WHY??

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Why is ProSeries checking the GENERAL SALES TAX box on all State Refund worksheets in the 2018 software??? Most of our clients deducted the state income tax on their 2017 Schedule A, but for some reason Proseries is checking the GENERAL SALES TAX on the 2018 State Refund worksheet.

Because the GENERAL SALES TAX box is checked on the State Refund worksheet, the State Tax Refund is NOT flowing through to the 1040.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Please note most (if not all) forms are not final and will go thru several updates before they are ready.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Please note most (if not all) forms are not final and will go thru several updates before they are ready.

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8
Roget that! While we're at it....it a small thing, but when I select F6 to bring up forms and then type in "1" it takes me to the 1040- Wksht. If I arrow down the cursor remains on the 1040 Wksht (it shouldn't). If I arrow down a second time, then the cursor moves. Any reason why two key strokes are required? Never had to do that in the past year's software.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Not sure on that one, but I'll see what (if anything) i can find out.
0 Cheers
Alee-W
Employee
Employee

The unexpected behavior regarding the 2018 State Refund Worksheet has been resolved with the latest release of ProSeries. Please update the ProSeries program, and re-transfer the clients affected from the previous year.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I noticed it was fixed without re-transferring...are you sure that needs to be done?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
I tested it on one of my files, after the update and it did not select the correct box until I re-transferred it.  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Why is ProSeries checking the GENERAL SALES TAX box on all State Refund worksheets in the 2018 software???"

Because everybody is clamoring to see the newest version of the software so Intuit makes folks happy by providing a version that isn't ready for prime time.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8
That could be (having used ProSeries for almost 25 year) but I wanted to make sure they were aware and see if others are also seeing the same thing. Are you also seeing this on your end?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I haven't downloaded it yet ------------------- I'm too scared to look at it based on what everybody else is saying :scream::scream:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Matt105
Level 4
I will submit this issue to development for correction.  Once the update has been made available, you will likely have to re-transfer files, as it will not correct any returns that have already been transferred.  
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Yes, that's why we wait
0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8
 So, basically, I can’t work out any clients files until that update comes through because I will have to override them when I re-transfer the file? Re-transferring the files would eliminate all the work that I would have done up until that point. That, of course, is NOT acceptable.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
The program is not ready.  Give it a month and check back for feedback from other Users before you invest your time on getting ready for Tax Season.  I will spend a day cutting and pasting State ID#s that do not transfer, and entering 365/0 for rental properties Days Rented, and other items that need attention.  But not yet.  Let the programmers assimilate all the feedback and fix the first 2 rounds of bugs.  Then try it out if the feedback is OK
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers