Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it that the 2019 program always hassles me to update/change my password?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open 2021, fine. 

Open 2020, fine. 

Open 2019, Its time to change your password...F that, not ready to do that right now, X out.

Open 2018, fine. 

Open 2017, fine.

2019 must have some sneaky .ini file thats tracks and triggers it by the last time you opened the 2019 program or something....time to go diggin'!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

I had the same thing happen last week.   Had 20 and 21 open.   Opened 19.....had to change the password.    BS!

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You two must be sneaky characters, as it doesn't do that to me. 😁  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Now that you've read it, it will happen to you! Muahahaha!!

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but at one point my conclusion was that the 2019 program (I thought it was an older year, but I could be wrong) isn't the problem, but all of the other years are wrong.

Intuit requires us to update every 90 days.  I have gone WAY past that without it making me update so the other years were lacking the ability to force us to update.  But 2019 had the proper programming to make use update if we were past the 90 day period.

I'm not certain if this is still the case, but that was my conclusion last year.

It is just more evidence of poor programming and development.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
In this situation I prefer the lack of programming!

Usually when its time to update, I get an email telling me it time, then within 2 weeks of that email, I get a forced pw rest in the current year.