Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it telling me I need an active Fast Pass for 2020 to print a new 2018 tax return in Proseries Basic 2018?

sldixon
Level 2

I entered a new tax return for 2018 in ProSeries Basic 2018.  I had an active Fast Pass for all the years and I have already renewed and downloaded it for this tax year. 

When I select to create a PDF, it tells me I need an active Fast Pass for 2020 in order to complete the return.  

Why is it telling me this?  I have been using ProSeries since 2008 and have had an active Fast Pass every year since they began requiring it.

Help!!  I need to print this return!

Thank you!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Have you updated 2018 recently ? Try that.   Also try   TOOLS>LICENSE PRODUCTS

sldixon
Level 2

Hi.  I updated the program and it shows under tools>license products that I have the fast path for 2020.  So I'm not sure why it keeps telling me that I need an "active fast path for 2020" in order to complete/print the return.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you have basic in 2018 but have a license for professional now? I feel like I saw some kind of glitch when you change between basic and pro...you may have to make the dreaded call to support, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When in home base view, go to file, scroll down to "retrieve product license"  also to Tools "license products

0 Cheers