Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why form 8879-S does not auto check at the first option to authorize me to enter officer's PIN?

Thi Mai
Level 1

I am working on S-corp tax return form 1120S and under the form 8879-S for e-signature to e-filing. Proseries auto check the box as below (second box). I want this form to check the first box instead. Is that anyway to check the first box instead of second box by changing the information in the federal worksheet?Screenshot 2021-03-03 203936.png

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

On the information worksheet all you have to do is check one box for 1040s.  The business returns require two boxes to be checked to get where you want to go.  They are right next to each other.

Slava Ukraini!
Thi Mai
Level 1

I do not understand what do you mean when you said "The business returns require two boxes to be checked to get where you want to go.  They are right next to each other". Where are these 2 boxes in the informational worksheet of form 1120S? Below is the box under practitioner PIN program Screenshot 2021-03-03 221030.png

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Also click on the ERO entered PIN box.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Thi Mai
Level 1

If I click on ERO entered PIN box, the form 8879-S will disappear and form 8453 will appear which I do not want it.

Do you have any other solution ? I do not think your suggestion will resolve the issue that I asked.

Thanks

Thi Mai

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Do you have both boxes checked?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Thi Mai
Level 1

When I check the second box, the check in the first box will auto disappear (form 8879-S disappear and form 8453-S appear). The form does not allow me to check both boxes. 

0 Cheers
taxman32789
Level 2

Hi Wednesday,

I was having a problem with the 8879-S not appearing on the list as well, but just for one client. I had processed an extension for the client but not updated the status. When I updated the status, it then worked just fine. 

So, my suggestion is that if you filed for an extension, be sure that was accepted and updated, then look for the form again. 

It worked for me. Good luck with yours. 

Steve