Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't client letters and invoices print with the 1041 like they do with 1040?

Dario
Level 2

When printing a 1040, I have the option to print the client letter and invoice and any other manner of things.  

When printing a 1041, there is no option to print the (carefully edited and personalized!) client letter or invoice with the return.  I can print them separately, but why do I have to do that?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Open a 1041 file.

Go to File > print options > Global Print Options  > control Which Letters Print

Make sure the return type shows 1041 Estates and Trusts. Make sure the boxes are checked for the letters you want to print.

That should work for the letter

File > print options > Global Print Options  > Print with return - lets you select the client invoice.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Open a 1041 file.

Go to File > print options > Global Print Options  > control Which Letters Print

Make sure the return type shows 1041 Estates and Trusts. Make sure the boxes are checked for the letters you want to print.

That should work for the letter

File > print options > Global Print Options  > Print with return - lets you select the client invoice.

Dario
Level 2

Thanks. Was looking in the wrong place (i.e., NOT the Global Print Options).

0 Cheers
Dario
Level 2

Also, I think you can do it from the HomeBase, or from within the client file.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

you may be correct. It  has seemed to me that some items only show with a client open so I just went that route to check my directions as I was typing them.

0 Cheers