Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the organizer info dated show up in the status column, it still says transferred?

It would be helpful for me to see the organizer was sent and/or returned on my Home Base but it just says transferred.  Can this be fixed please?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I believe there’s a setting to update status when closing the client file . Or.you can open client status from the forms menu. You can quickly type in “org sent” or org recd and that will update home base.

the list of automatic statuses that preparers would like to see is endless.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
dkh
Level 15

Have you changed your HomeBase view to include a column for Date Organizer Sent ?  And as @Skylane said -  you will need to enter that date on the Client Status worksheet.   If you rely on just the Client Status column on the HomeBase view, it will say Transferred  until you change info on the CS worksheet.

I love my Client Status worksheet.  I have my HomeBase view set to display many of the lines from CS worksheet.....  Date Organizer Sent, Received Client Data date, Date Billed, etc

Thank you both for your suggestions.  All the other lines in the client status show up when a date is put in, just not those 2.  I will look around and see what I can figure out.  I have been using ProSeries for over 25 years but just started using the organizer sent and received lines this year.  They are sure helpful when I look over my homebase to see if finished, info needed, been paid, etc especially when I start working those 12 hour days 6 days a week.  Happy Tax Season!

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

The CS worksheet is functional but will never be a one size fits all. There are simply too many workflows that preparers can choose. and, yes it is cumbersome.

i work and manage my practice remotely. I maintain  with an office staff to accept, scan, assemble, and distribute so that I can focus on tax work and communication with clients.

I abandoned the CS worksheet a few years ago in favor of a shared Google sheets worksheet that I created. It includes status and next steps that are constantly updated so that everyone is on the same page. It seems to work best for my situation and allows me to accommodate clients who prefer in person, mail, email, or Intuit link methodologies. What a pita!

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers