Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't line 10 on Form M1PR populate? I have line 6 populated, but it won't change line A on the Smart Worksheet and won't calculate refund.

M1 is completed and populating properly to M1PR until I get to line 10 Smart Worksheet where it isn't populating anything or calculating the refund amount. Client is a renter and I have filled out the CRP.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RTS1823
Level 3

Is the box at the top checked?  Missed that a few times myself.  Otherwise, are you sure their income and rent paid amounts qualify them for a refund?  Box 10 won't populate if say their income is too high for the rent that was paid.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
RTS1823
Level 3

Is the box at the top checked?  Missed that a few times myself.  Otherwise, are you sure their income and rent paid amounts qualify them for a refund?  Box 10 won't populate if say their income is too high for the rent that was paid.

0 Cheers
Thank you, I didn't get an indication in any way that there was no eligible refund, I manually checked the tax tables and that was indeed the issue. Thanks for your help!
0 Cheers
kcscpa
Level 2
I cannot get Form M1PR to populate - even the name!  I've completed Form M1, checked the renter box, input the federal AGI on line 1 and the rental info on line 3, but nothing calculates.
0 Cheers