Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the organizers still list employee business expenses and itemized miscellaneous deductions when they are no longer deductible?

cynthiacpa
Level 1

Why do the organizers still list employee business expenses and itemized miscellaneous deductions when they are no longer deductible?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just because the feds change their rules, doesn't mean all of the states adopted their ideas.  So what doesn't apply to the federal could still apply to a number of states.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just because the feds change their rules, doesn't mean all of the states adopted their ideas.  So what doesn't apply to the federal could still apply to a number of states.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

86?

Because not ALL states have conformed to TCJA.

(edit...really?  It's up to the 200?)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You aren't very good with numbers.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
So I've been told....new forms are tough for me to.  Filing season is gonna' be tough this year.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
cindyrazumich
Level 1
Thanks wasn't thinking about that, as they don't apply in Michigan 🙂
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
YVW and lucky you...CA hasn't (and likely won't) conform so I still get to collect all that info :person_frowning::person_frowning:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers