Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't the program include state refunds from '17 as income for the '18 returns?It does for some clients and not others. Everyone itemized in 2017.

mickey
Level 4

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
this problem has been reported for a LONG TIME.  you should always check here as first resource (safety check) BEFORE using ProSeries.  If you transferred early, it's a problem.
0 Cheers
mickey
Level 4
I just saw what happened.  The state refund worksheet automatically had a check mark on General Sales Tax, instead of Income Taxes!   Once I put the check mark in the correct spot it calculated correctly.  I'm not happy that the software didn't verify something so basic.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It was an early transfer bug, seems like each year theres some kind of glitch when transferring client files in too early in the season.  Its best to wait as long as possible to transfer your client files into the new year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"I'm not happy that the software didn't verify something so basic"

And the software was disappointed that you didn't read the Nov 26 alert that popped up when you opened your software warning you about the issue.  Sometimes :hankey:  happens.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
I always check here for reported problems before I update.  Let other people find the bugs.
0 Cheers
mickey
Level 4
I know, I know....Missed this one among the mountain of docs and notices that I get.
0 Cheers
JRC
Level 8

If you transferred your 2017 clients early in the year you will have this problem with State refunds not calculating correctly on the "State Refund Worksheet". You can either correct each client in the State Refund Worksheet (Line C 1 should be checked) or transfer your clients again from 2017. To correct each client you will need to select the "State Tax Refund Worksheet".

0 Cheers