Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Proseries change the Form 8965 after transmission? Proseries removed the Exemption "C" for a dependent living out of the country after transmission.

desha
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software usually doesn't go and change things after transmission.  Are you sure you didn't accidently do something just prior to transmission?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

The software usually doesn't go and change things after transmission.  Are you sure you didn't accidently do something just prior to transmission?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
desha
Level 1
No.  I did not change anything prior to transmission.

Prior to transmission, the medical penalty was not charge.  However, after the transmission, the tax return charged the medical penalty.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Was there a delay between when you prepared the return and when you transmitted?  If so, did you compare the signed 8879 refund or balance due to the return prior to converting it for e-filing just to double check that nothing changed?  If you did make sure that the return being transmitted was exactly how you prepared it, you need to contact support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
desha
Level 1
no delay.  I transmitted after I prepared the return.  After the return was accepted by ProSeries, the 8879 info was changed, the refund was lowered by the amount of the medical penalty.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Call support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
desha
Level 1
ok.  Thank you
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15