Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did proseries change the amount owed after it was accepted. It is not accepting the QBI deduction anymore. What is going on?

Highlighted
Level 2
last updated ‎March 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Labels (1)
15 Replies 15
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Something else changed if QBI is no longer being computed.

There is an auto calculate feature, if you turned that off somehow and it didnt calculate until after you saved and exited the file, you would have seen something different next time you opened it.

From within a client file if you click Tools and you see Auto Calculation ON that means its turned off and you need to click it to turn it on.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you for your response. My auto calculation is off. It changed after the return was e-filed. It doesn't make sense that the QBI is no longer calculating. It should be. 

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I had multiple files a few weeks ago that didnt save on exit, so when I opened them again they were different...I thought it was just me and I was forgetting to hit YES upon exiting (happened to too many files for it to be an accident),  Ive seen other people report similar experiences...it hasnt happened lately, so I guess I'll never know if it was me or a program glitch.

Highlighted
Level 2

I'm hoping it is a program glitch and my original return was correct. It makes quite a difference on this return. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Level 1

I have the same issue with QBI deduction not calculating in returns when it did last week. 

Highlighted
Level 15

Sounds like they fixed something 😬

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Yes, it does. But it sounds like they fixed it incorrectly. I am hoping that they read these messages and will look into it. Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  was there some kind of update recently that has caused an issue with QBI?

0 Cheers
Highlighted

@KLC  There is another Discussion on this topic:  QBI not calculating on Schedule E's

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you. I will look for that.

Highlighted
Level 2

Do you know where I would find that?

0 Cheers
Highlighted

Discussion titled:  QBI not calculating on Schedule E's

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Working on mine, just did one this morning....ohhh, but I havent updated since last week.  I never update until it forces me to in order to Efile.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning!
This issue was resolved on the the last update of ProSeries, 2019.240
Schedule E Worksheet, Rentals and Royalties - QBI income was not flowing to a QBI Component Worksheet nor to Form 8995 unless the Trade or Business Name was entered in line B of the QBI Deduction Smart Worksheet
http://prodldfp.proseries.com/pro/2019/readme/pro_1040.htm

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Highlighted

Thanks for the fix @IntuitAustin