Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I convert my tax returns. It comes back that my PTIN is not recognized. I have had the same PTIN for many years and it is correct in my tax program.

caroljo
Level 5

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go into Tools > Options> Firm Preparer Info and check the PTIN Verify box, it should show as Pink on the screen.

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Go into Tools > Options> Firm Preparer Info and check the PTIN Verify box, it should show as Pink on the screen.

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Camp1040
Level 10

Make sure that you renewed your PTIN, log into your PTIN account at IRS.gov to verify.

Double check that you entered it correctly in the program, your PTIN# does not carryover.

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

I have renewed my PTIN.  It shows up on the tax return as the correct number, but I can't convert.  It allowed me to convert my state return but not the Federal.  

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Try what Lisa posted.

caroljo
Level 5

I have checked everything.  I have renewed with IRS way back in November and the correct number shows up in my information. I have the letter from IRS showing I renewed my PTIN.   I get an error code when I try to transmit.  It says "Preparer has a PTIN that has not been verified.  The State returns convert but not the Federal. 

0 Cheers