Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting 1099 MISC

lbones
Level 5

I have a client with dozens of 1099 MISC's.  I would like to sort them alphabetically, so that as I add additional 1099's year after year I can quickly go to a prior description to input the data.  I am unable to find a way to do this.  Is it possible?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

No it's not possible and like Accountant Man said you don't need to enter them individually. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 12
Why bother entering dozens of 1099s? Add them up and enter where appropriate. Saves time.
** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 11

No it's not possible and like Accountant Man said you don't need to enter them individually. 

0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8

If you are doing Sched C, in the cell for Gross Income you can right click to activate a Supporting Statement and then sort the lines alphabetically by the description you entered.

But why bother?  Just add them up (I would use that same supporting statement for Gross Income without any description).

0 Cheers