Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are tax returns being adjusted on the recovery rebate after efile?

Dham
Level 1

This weekend our tax returns we are filing with people who still have stimulus payments to be paid were getting adjusted.  We don't know why.  Nothing is making sense.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a bug that a few folks were reporting.  It appears it is a false message - the returns weren't actually changed.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
Dham
Level 1

So is there an update to fix this bug?  Where did you receive your information?  I am new to posting on this community feed.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

There were various posts here over the last few days.  It's not a bad idea to stop in and scan the posts here periodically to let you know about issues folks are having with the software.

Barber! Why didn't I think of this before? Getting paid to give out bad tax advice - need I say more? I've run with scissors for years so it is a natural fit.
Dham
Level 1

I agree, this is an exceptional year on all the changes the government is making during tax season. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I reported the bug on Thursday evening and by Friday morning it was sent to development, I would expect to see a fix in this weeks update (Thursday).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪