Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting this when I try to e-file 1040? message: debit date must be equal to the system date of 10/10 for returns filed after due date of 4/17. Return rejected

leadme2it
Level 1

Have a valid extension. Won't let me file return on the 10th and have the funds withdrawn on the 12th. Never had this problem in prior years. HELP!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

If you want the money withdrawn on the 12th, efile it on the 12th. I don't know why but that is the way it is when filing after original due date.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

If you want the money withdrawn on the 12th, efile it on the 12th. I don't know why but that is the way it is when filing after original due date.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Yep, the IRS says so.

"After the due date, the payment date must be the same as the date the return is transmitted, or be within the previous five days of that date.
The software you use will indicate if a payment can be scheduled or not. If you enter an invalid payment date, you will be prompted to correct the date."

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal
0 Cheers