Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 3 errors - for cking/savings, account #, routing # - appear even when there is a balance due. Why?

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎April 01, 2020 11:02 AM

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

do you have an invalid routing number inserted?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

There is nothing in any of the direct deposit fields and nothing in the automatic withdrawal fields.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Did you check to have the money automatically withdrawn?  

If there is a balance due, it can't do direct deposit.  If your client wants to send in a check themselves then no need to change anything and check no for the auto withdraw from their account.  Also double check if the account number is in the routing number field and vise versa.  Routing numbers are 9.

Highlighted
Level 1

None of the direct deposit fields have any data in them . 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Is it the federal return? or a state? 

Did you check any boxes on the Estimated Payments Worksheet for direct debit?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

If you go to the headers on each page (misc info, income, expenses) see what is red highlighted.  Go into the page that has the red and look for the item that your program is showing the error in.  There is a box either checked or not checked which is throwing that error.  

Highlighted
Level 1

I had same issue. Uncheck the electronic filing in Part VI and save, then see what other errors pop up. For me, I had Electronic Funds Withdrawal of Estimated Tax Smart Worksheet checked, once I unchecked that and re-check electronic filing in Part VI, the direct deposit error went away.

0 Cheers