Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is W2 download working?

charles
Level 3

I have tried to download my first W2 (from ADP) into a tax return.  The "Tax Import" software is going through the steps, but ultimately nothing is being downloaded.  Just stuck waiting for the info.  I have to believe this a bug or lack of functionality.  This is for the 2018 tax year in early 2019.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many complaints about the Tax Import feature this year....entering manually takes less than 1 minute, not sure why people fiddle around with importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many complaints about the Tax Import feature this year....entering manually takes less than 1 minute, not sure why people fiddle around with importing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yeah, I trust my fingers more than I trust an Intuit import feature.  Quicker to enter it than to spend the time downloading and reviewing to make sure it came through correctly.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
charles
Level 3
While everyone is entitled to their opinions, your responses are obviously useless.  After an hour with tech support, I figured out the problem--You need to hit the little "OK" button on the import screen.  I don't think it was necessary last year.  ANYWAY, you guys are really missing all the fun.  The W2 import feature is NOW working REAL ESTATE and is virtually instantaneous.  I would take an import over human error any day.
IRonMaN
Level 15
"would take an import over human error any day"

Trust Intuit programming over my own eyes and fingers ----------------- that ain't ever gong to happen.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers