Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to report Canadian NR4(OAS)

Camp1040
Level 10

This must be a dumb question!  No input from the forum. Please forgive the double post, just need some clarification before I run with scissors.

Client is a US citizen, Non-Resident of Canada and receives form NR4 Old Age Security Pension. Where on the 1040 do I report this income?

Some research states to report it as Social Security income which she receives also, doesn't seem correct to just lump it in with SSA-1099 income. I'm considering other income line and would have to adjust the amount since the form is reporting in Canadian dollars.

Proseries basic has a Canadian registered retirement plans worksheet, but I think this form is for private pension payments.

Thank you  for any assistance with this issue.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've always just lumped it in with Social Security with the couple of clients that I had that received it.  For my security blanket, I always attached a note saying that the Candian SS was converted from their monopoly money to US cash and reported as Social Security.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I've always just lumped it in with Social Security with the couple of clients that I had that received it.  For my security blanket, I always attached a note saying that the Candian SS was converted from their monopoly money to US cash and reported as Social Security.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Thank you.

Totally new situation for me, I thought it must be common for everyone else when I didn't get any reply. Felt like I was asking when can we E-File or is the form updated for UCE🤣

IRonMaN
Level 15

In that case:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The other, original, topic is gone, already. While I was replying, in fact.

I like it that Intuit is cleaning out the unused material from the corners, to make room for new TurboTax user questions.

Updating a topic always moves it to the top of the community list page 1.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers