Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I verify that preparer name is entered correctly? It asks that when I try to import/financial instition download/1099 and W2

ih
Level 1

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ih
Level 1

Thanks Terry. Problem is more insidious & actually a program bug. I had checked off self-prepared in the Info Wks which puts FSK in the preparer code. When trying to import program does not see that code (FSK) in the preparer info under tools/options/firm preparer info & gets stuck & gives bland message to verify preparer name. Solution is to uncheck the self-prepared box & then make sure preparer code is correct & then do the import. 

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

go to tools, options, firm/preparer info

ih
Level 1

Thanks Terry. Problem is more insidious & actually a program bug. I had checked off self-prepared in the Info Wks which puts FSK in the preparer code. When trying to import program does not see that code (FSK) in the preparer info under tools/options/firm preparer info & gets stuck & gives bland message to verify preparer name. Solution is to uncheck the self-prepared box & then make sure preparer code is correct & then do the import. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I've never used "self prepared", or "non paid preparer" I have always signed as paid preparer, even when I do family returns free, so I have never had issue that you were having. You will have to call support, but I don't think they will give you much satisfaction