Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i enter feature in pro series basic NOT working. Message is that feature not available. Can this get enabled.? Very frustrating.

callmefreud
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can try this is rebooting doesn't help.

ProSeries Where Do I Enter Feature is not Available on this Product

Description:
When clicking on the Where Do I Enter button within an open tax return in Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Professional Edition 2017 the message " ProSeries Where Do I Enter Feature is not Available on this product"
Solution Description:

We have determined the most common solution to this message is to reset the Windows Internet Settings, also sometimes referred to as Internet Explorer, on your computer. For more information on how to reset the Internet settings please see Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: The steps above can help to resolve this message even if Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser is not set as the default web browser on your computer.

Additional Items to check:
Important!:The steps provided in the article above have been confirmed to work for the majority of our customer that have experienced this message. For a very small number of customers the issue has continued after completing the steps in the linked Microsoft article. In these cases the information below has been known to help correct and prevent this error message. Only try these steps after completing the steps provided in the linked article above.
  1. Security software such as a software firewall may prevent ProSeries Professional Edition 2017​ from being able to access the internet connect even when other years of ProSeries and other applications can access the internet. See Configuring a Firewall to Allow ProSeries Files Access to the Internet for more information on how you can allow the ProSeries Professional Edition 2017 through your firewall​.
  2. Ensure that there are no failed or pending Microsoft Windows Updates available for your computer. Some customers have reported that the above options did not resolve the message while their workstations had pending Windows Updates that could not be completed. For additional assistance please to contact your local IT professional to aid the uninstall and/or install of pending, failed or stuck, or any recent Windows Updates.
  3. Clear the Windows Temp folder and restart the computer. See Disk cleanup in Windows 10 for one method to clear the Windows temp folder. 
  4. If the above options do not resolve the next should be to either create a new Windows User Profile and/or to repair the existing windows user profile. Please contact a local IT professional for further assistance.
  • ProSeries Basic, ProSeries Professional
  • Federal, State, Individual, Partnership, Corporate, S-Corporate, United States
  • Year 2017

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can try this is rebooting doesn't help.

ProSeries Where Do I Enter Feature is not Available on this Product

Description:
When clicking on the Where Do I Enter button within an open tax return in Intuit ProConnect ProSeries Professional Edition 2017 the message " ProSeries Where Do I Enter Feature is not Available on this product"
Solution Description:

We have determined the most common solution to this message is to reset the Windows Internet Settings, also sometimes referred to as Internet Explorer, on your computer. For more information on how to reset the Internet settings please see Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: The steps above can help to resolve this message even if Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser is not set as the default web browser on your computer.

Additional Items to check:
Important!:The steps provided in the article above have been confirmed to work for the majority of our customer that have experienced this message. For a very small number of customers the issue has continued after completing the steps in the linked Microsoft article. In these cases the information below has been known to help correct and prevent this error message. Only try these steps after completing the steps provided in the linked article above.
  1. Security software such as a software firewall may prevent ProSeries Professional Edition 2017​ from being able to access the internet connect even when other years of ProSeries and other applications can access the internet. See Configuring a Firewall to Allow ProSeries Files Access to the Internet for more information on how you can allow the ProSeries Professional Edition 2017 through your firewall​.
  2. Ensure that there are no failed or pending Microsoft Windows Updates available for your computer. Some customers have reported that the above options did not resolve the message while their workstations had pending Windows Updates that could not be completed. For additional assistance please to contact your local IT professional to aid the uninstall and/or install of pending, failed or stuck, or any recent Windows Updates.
  3. Clear the Windows Temp folder and restart the computer. See Disk cleanup in Windows 10 for one method to clear the Windows temp folder. 
  4. If the above options do not resolve the next should be to either create a new Windows User Profile and/or to repair the existing windows user profile. Please contact a local IT professional for further assistance.
  • ProSeries Basic, ProSeries Professional
  • Federal, State, Individual, Partnership, Corporate, S-Corporate, United States
  • Year 2017

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5
Could be Basic doesn't support that feature.  What were you trying to do?
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
The first step is to confirm if your computer has internet access.  It needs the internet to work.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
i guess if he can post here he has internet
0 Cheers
skeramidas
Level 4
Some features are not available in Basic. For example, Lump sum distribution from Social Security.  My work around is to do the prior years on paper (worksheets available from IRS site, scan them in and attach. Seems to satisfy the IRS.
0 Cheers