Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ProSeries have the estimated payment vouchers accurate starting with the July 15 voucher?

carol
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The doubt the vouchers themselves will be changing.  That would require IRS to create a new form then software developers would need to create the new for and send to IRS for approval, before they could release it....too much work and too long of a time line for a one time thing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Keep a close eye on the actual IRS forms https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf when the dates that are printed on them change, allow a couple of weeks for PS to change the vouchers. Just be real careful to not hold your breath until IRS changes them.

As Lisa sorta said NOT GONNA HAPPEN. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

I know it's a struggle....but.... I have been grabbing a red pen...drawing a line thru the incorrect date...and...yes...even putting the new correct date in red ink right above the incorrect date.... I've been keeping up with it.... and...dang....it's almost cost me 3 minutes of time so far.  And I do about 500 returns...so...I'm  projecting it to eventually cost me 13 to 14 minutes this tax season.   I'm thinking class action suit is in order....

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Accountant-Man
Level 12

In the letters, when they still say June 15 for the 2nd estimate, I changed the date from the coding of {EstDate2} to {EstDate1}. Or whatever the coding says. Now the dates on the instructions are correct.

For now.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@Accountant-Man  or anyone.. do y'all have a link to the IRS posting of the 2nd qtr estimate moved to July 15 also? I had already written a letter to my completed returns with the july 15 Q1 est and Q2 est being actually before the Q1 one.  I want something to show them I have not lost ALL of my mind during this goofy tax season.

What a whammy to the checkbook... 2019 tax due, Q1 est due, Q2 est due...… all on same day..YIKES

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think the extension of the 1040-ES is included in Notice 20-23 :Expanded Federal tax filing and payment relief on account of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) emergency. The Treasury Department and IRS are providing additional relief to taxpayers, postponing until July 15, 2020, a variety of tax form filings and payment obligations that are due between April 1, 2020 and July 15, 2020. Associated interest, additions to tax, and penalties for late filing or late payment will be suspended until July 15, 2020. Additional time to perform certain time-sensitive actions during this period is also provided. This notice also postpones due dates with respect to certain government acts and postpones the application date to participate in the Annual Filing Season Program. This notice expands upon the relief provided in Notice 2020-18, issued March 20, 2020, and Notice 2020-20, issued March 27, 2020.

Included in that variety is 1040-ES. I copied the above from the guidewire sent 4/9

I am afraid changing the letter is fine, if the client is actually mailing the estimates, but we probably need to wait for software to update if we are doing direct debit. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns