Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will nys start accepting returns? my competitor is having returns accepted.

estatesale05
Level 1

program says NY state isn't accepting returns until Jan 28 yet my competitor sent another client the NY acknowledgement and date of deposit

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ernie
Level 9

My understand is they follow the federal.  But me, I tell my clients I won't e-file anyone until the 31st.  I remember all the years the first returns that went in had a lot of rejections and problems.  One year the first returns in didn't get their money until the middle of March.  Mine are fine waiting 3 days to avoid the problems.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Ernie
Level 9

My understand is they follow the federal.  But me, I tell my clients I won't e-file anyone until the 31st.  I remember all the years the first returns that went in had a lot of rejections and problems.  One year the first returns in didn't get their money until the middle of March.  Mine are fine waiting 3 days to avoid the problems.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Me too..I'll wait until 02/01. Normally I wait 4-5 days after initial start date.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had a client in yesterday that volunteered to be my guinea pig and send his return in on Monday when it opens  LOL

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But everybody knows you do a better job than your competitor, that's why your clients come to you.

As far as your competitor's e-filing goes, some software companies participate in a guinea pig program where they will submit a few returns to make sure the program is running right.  If it isn't running right, you competitor could have a lot of explaining to do when those returns are held up until June.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers