Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Form 8615 for 2019 be available

Highlighted
Level 3

This not available form 8615 for e filing is becoming a block in my e filing practice. First it indicated Feb. 28 then March 3 then back to Feb. 27 now it's back to March 4th??

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
10 Replies 10
Highlighted

From my understanding the SECURE act changed the Kiddie tax rules to the old rules where the kid's investment income is taxed at the parents rate.  I don't see where this form is allowing that option either.  Is that something that is being updated?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Will any updates include amending 2018 Form 8615 to reflect rate changes retroactively?

0 Cheers
Highlighted

Today's proseries update, updated the 8615 form with an option to use the old rules which were made an option in the law change in Dec.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

I see for my client there was no tax due. Probably because of the option to use old rules.

I had estimated the child of client was going to pay $ 60.00 otherwise.

I see update posted when I updated program today.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get a 2018 update on Form 8615 for a possible amendment?  I see the 2019 form updated to elect old rules but not the 2018.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I am not seeing this update and my program says that I am up to date. Are there any new forms/worksheets?

0 Cheers
Highlighted

No new forms, but there is an option on the the form 8615 to have it calculate based on the old rules.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I see that in 2019 but do you see the same option in 2018?  I have a client that could get back a good amount of tax for 2018. But I do not see the updated form for last year. Thanks. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

my program updated this form today. So I am not aware of anything else.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Hmm... Clicking "Update Installed Products" was not working, but "Refresh Updates" gave me the new form. Thanks. 

0 Cheers