Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When running FINAL REVIEW on 1041 it shows as error saying PREPSIGN MUST BE ENTERED. What should I enter? Just my name?

Shorebird
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

For Tax Year 2018 the preparers name needs to be entered for e-file. If you don't want to type this in there is a setting that will do it for you in ProSeries. 

1. Go to Tools then Options. 
  2. Click on Firm/Preparer Info on the left side of the screen. 
  3. Under the Preparer/Electronic Return Originator Info section check the box that says Print Name in Signature Area. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitCharlene

For Tax Year 2018 the preparers name needs to be entered for e-file. If you don't want to type this in there is a setting that will do it for you in ProSeries. 

1. Go to Tools then Options. 
  2. Click on Firm/Preparer Info on the left side of the screen. 
  3. Under the Preparer/Electronic Return Originator Info section check the box that says Print Name in Signature Area. 
0 Cheers
DL
Level 1
Thanks you.  I guess this is new for 2018.   Forms 1041 only?
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene
There are a few states in other returns that also require the Preparer's Name in the printed section over the past few years. This is the first year its required for 1041 e-file.