Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When printing from Proseries Professional 2020 text is missing from forms

Je9
Level 2

When I try to print an 1120S directly from ProSeries 2020 professional  the forms come out with boxes and numbers but none of the associated text from each line on the return (ie line 1a should say Gross Receipts or sales  and have a box with $$$$$ in it - instead, the box with $$$$$ prints but nothing else on the line - it does this for all the boxes on the return).

I am able to print previous years of ProSeries returns to this printer (Brother L5900) and if I send the tax forms to a pdf file, I can print the pdf and the forms are complete.  I have rebooted my computer as well as shut off the printer to no avail

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
L0ngtaithien
Level 3

Maybe some of the forms is not final yet and not ready to print?

0 Cheers
Je9
Level 2

unfortunately, I don't believe that is it because none of the federal forms print but all the state forms do.  I also use ProSeries basic and discovered the same problem with that application.

0 Cheers
jennicom
Level 1

I am having the same problem and it has been going on for weeks.

0 Cheers
Je9
Level 2

Have you tried reaching out to Intuit yet?  I was out of town last week so I didn't have time to deal with this and was going to call them next week.  I don't understand why all the state forms print just fine but the federal don't.  I have resorted to printing the return to a pdf and then printing the pdf

0 Cheers