Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the printing glitch going to be fixed? This is getting ridiculous. How can it be that it worked fine for a few days and then this.

caroljo
Level 5

I cannot print anything from the program.  I asked for a fix a few days ago and it worked a little bit but then again I get the message :"cannot convert empty printlistML error #10250.  I have done what was suggested to fix it, but I still can't print.  This is really frustrating.  I cannot even print the signature e-file signature forms for the client.  What are we supposed to do.  I have used Pro-Series for many years and have never had so many glitches.  The printing is not the only one.  It took me forever yesterday to open up the program, I have had to close the program and reopen it many times, I have had to reboot and reopen, I couldn't transmit for a while and had to get a fix for that.    It seems like I am spending more time fooling around with the glitches than I am working.  Now I am really in a pickle. What seems really odd is that it worked fine for a few days.  What the heck has happened.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant print since updating on Friday.  If I try to Print, it closes the program

I can print to PDF, but if I have the PDF display on the screen in ProSeries, I cant print the PDF either, so I have to save the PDF, then open it outside of ProSeries, then Print.  

Its a hassle, but it works. So until they fix whatever last weeks updated screwed up this is what I'm doing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I cant print since updating on Friday.  If I try to Print, it closes the program

I can print to PDF, but if I have the PDF display on the screen in ProSeries, I cant print the PDF either, so I have to save the PDF, then open it outside of ProSeries, then Print.  

Its a hassle, but it works. So until they fix whatever last weeks updated screwed up this is what I'm doing.

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5
Hi Lisa...I tried doing what you suggested but the only thing that would print was the invoice and the letter.  While trying to print to PDF I get the message "cannot convert empty printlistML.  I am getting really frustrated.  It is embarrassing to have a client sitting across from me and I can't print, sometimes I have to reboot.  I think they think I am not very qualified.  This is the worst experience that I have ever had with ProSeries and I have been with them for many many years.  Thank you for trying to help me.  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im sorry Carol, sounds like you got whammied worse than me  :frowning:   You may want to sign up for this notification on the issue.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1799314-inv-25642-crashing-or-error-message-while-...

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5
Thanks, Lisa...I did sign up for this notification yesterday, but so far I haven't gotten any feedback from them.  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just saw in TurboTax that they've suddenly been hit with the same problem....TT is their big money maker, maybe this will get things resolved quicker.

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5
Yay...Maybe it will work sooner than later...Have a good day..Super Bowl.  Thanks again., Carol
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You too!  

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Wow, Really, Lisa? I would tend to agree with you. If TT has been hit, they will resolve quicker.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Good luck @caroljo I am thankful I was not hit. I have been updating since the day and I have had no issues. I am unsure why I was spared and others were hit.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
You were spared because the Bears missed that field goal ————— in life, just like accounting, debits have to equal credits. :relieved::relieved:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My home system seems fine as well, same set up as the office.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Oh yeah! I have no problem believing that. What a crushing blow that was. BTW......your joke was some funny sh-t!!! Love the swedes infuriating the Devil.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
So strange how one systems is safe but another is susceptible. Weird.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My home system isn't set for any type of Efiling, whether that matters or not, I have no clue.

I also don't have a printer physically attached, the printer that was there shows up and the drivers are still installed though, so maybe that has something to do with it?   The program  goes though all the motions of printing, the little printer icon appears in the bottom systray, it spools with no errors or crashing, and pops up that Printing Log Dialogue box when its done.

A SuperUser in the Lounge in TurboTax was toying with the idea that it may be related to a certain type of harddrive? Solid state vs whatever else there is?   I do have some kind of weird double harddrive in my office system...its a smaller drive that my OS is on, with a giant drive to save data...so he may be onto something....my home system does not have this kind of setup.

0 Cheers
MyssKryss
Level 2

I am having the same problem now and it is 2022.  Why can't they get this right?  I cannot print NJ and PA returns.  I can't pdf either so I am "dead in the water".  Intuit Professional is costing me money and a great deal of frustration!  I have been using the software since the beginning of time....like 20 years and I am considering switching next year.  Each February I experience multiple "glitches", some repeat.  Seems like they can't fully operate properly until sometime in March.

0 Cheers