Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I transfer my 2018 Tax Returns and I go to the State Tax Return it says that the information did not transfer. Why not?

livewright01
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you switch over to the state it usually asks if you want to transfer the state info and you have to choose yes or no....you choose Yes and it gives you that message?

Go back into the 2018 program and open that client file, switch over to the state and make sure it looks correct, save and exit.

Now go back to the 2019 program and in a regular Homebase view (not the EFCenter) right click on the client file and delete that client and then try to retranser it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DTNY07
Level 7

Is this a state you already downloaded for 2019? Meaning if it is a state where you only have a client or two, maybe you forgot to include the software for that state when you downloaded the states you needed at the beginning of the year. I had that happen several years ago, which is why I thought of it