Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I e-file a clients return do i have to e-file the signed 8879 form or just keep it on file?

JeffAdams1979
Level 1

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Keep it on file once it is signed by the client.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man is correct. Also, make sure they always sign and date it before you efile the return. If you ever get an office visit from the IRS they will check the dates. Just my opinion

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

looking again for that darn thumbs down button (not for you PATAX or IRonMan)

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

👎  here ya go!

I cant make it big on my Win 11 system  😞

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

LOL...

The price of progress Lisa

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Test - My thumb stays small too on Windows 10.  

jeffmcpa2010_0-1642781328598.png

Or I can just Copy IronMans...

IRonMaN
Level 15

IRonMaN_0-1642779935558.png

Do I have to do everything around here? 😉

(you have to take what Intuit gives you and then copy it to go large)

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Thank you IRonMan 

Some famous person (or not) said you should learn something new everyday, Well thanks to you I am done for the day!!

(Kind of close to what Jim Valvano said but one of his three things was THINK, which was what I was confusing. The other two were laugh and cry....and for those that don't know what I am talking about you must be very young, but google it.)

dkh
Level 15

@jeffmcpa2010  What are you giving the "thumbs down" to ?    

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

DKH

Sometimes I just get a bit depressed by the wording of some of the questions (and it is probably just the wording) and my interpretation from the wording that the person asking the question might be undertrained for the task at hand. But again it is probably just the wording, not that they are actually undertrained.